2/4/09 - 11:30 AM - Back at Work

I didn't post yesterday, but I had a busy day. Yesterday was my first day back at work and it went great. I actually drove into the office (against the pleadings of my wife Caroline) as I can see fine out of my right (not operated upon, but still Keratoconic) eye. I did the same today and the driving is fine - I drive rather slowly in the right lane, but I assume people just think I am old...

Work was fine, it still quite disconcerting to be seeing out of just my right eye, but my brain is already adjusting to it and I am starting to be able to function at an adequate level. I have an extra larger monitor (I think it is like 26 inches) at work, which helps with the vision (and has helped for awhile) and I get by interacting with people by pretending to see better than I can - I am pretty good at it as I have been doing it for the past 10-15 years.

I am getting better at putting the drops in my eye by myself, but still have my wife Caroline put them in my eye at night to make sure that I get at least one set in perfectly each day. I am also continuing to take the Tylenol every 4-6 hours, but to be honest, I am not in any real pain any longer.

I have my next appointment at 1 PM on Thursday and am excited to hear about the progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter